The Maryland Academy of Audiology is a professional society of audiologists, practicing in a variety of settings, who are dedicated to serving people with hearing impairment.
We enhance the ability of our members to achieve career and practice objectives by fostering professional autonomy, providing quality continuing education, and increasing public and consumer awareness of hearing disorders and the value of audiological services.
Goals of the Maryland Academy of Audiology
- Audiolologists are recognized as the primary providers of hearing health care and comprehensive audiological services. The public has unlimited access to these services.
- MAA members are recognized as autonomous professionals. As a result, audiologists receive appropriate and independent reimbursement for their services and are positioned to effectively respond to changes in health care economics.
- The MAA provides its members venues for dissemination of current research in audiology research in audiology and information about the delivery of audiological services.
- MAA members have a voice in affecting regulatory and legislative actions that impact the practice of audiology.
- Membership in MAA is recognized as a professional advantage to audiologists.
- MAA is an advocate for the rights and protection of all consumers in the region who seek hearing health care products and services.
Log in here!
Follow MAA on